Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get values for Range.Validation dropdown from a second work

Does any one have the answer to how I can get the values ( e.g. namedRange )
for a range validation dropdown from a worksheet other that the sheet that
contains the Range.Validation.

Thanks
Jimm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jimm

If you use a named range for the validation dropdown it is working with a range from
another worksheet

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jimm" wrote in message ...
Does any one have the answer to how I can get the values ( e.g. namedRange )
for a range validation dropdown from a worksheet other that the sheet that
contains the Range.Validation.

Thanks
Jimm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get values for Range.Validation dropdown from a second

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the quick response....

That works if the worksheet exists at design time - I guess what I'm trying
to do is add another worksheet at runtime and then try to set a range to
select from - it seems that the worksheet that gets added at run is not of
the same type as the worksheet that is added at design time. Any idea how
this can be gotten around or am I stuck having to have a 'data' sheet added
at design time for my lookups use.

Jimm