Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input message problem for Date textbox

Dear Sir,

I have a userform with text box "DatePurchase" and other textboxes.
when I load my userform and when I entered the data it is working
fine,

the problem is this when I load the form for date entry and the form
is Empty and I want to close my form with close button (unload me)
command. it is showing pop up message (input message) "Input must be a
date in the format: 'dd/mmm/yyyy"

when I enter any date then press the close button then it closing.

Pls help me in this regard. I am using the following code.

Private Sub DatePurchase_exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)

If Not IsDate(DatePurchase) Then
MsgBox "Input must be a date in the format: 'dd/mmm/yyyy'"
Cancel = True
Else
DatePurchase = Format(DatePurchase, "dd/mmm/yyyy")

waiting for response.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe change your If-Then statement to this...

If Not IsDate(DatePurchase) And Len(DatePurchase) 0 Then

By the way, my personal preference is to *not* rely on default properties.
In my own code, I would always use DatePurchase.Text so I can tell I am
looking at the contents of a control and not a simple variable. While the
distinction is easy to keep straight when you are writing the code, in six
months or a year when you have to come back to maintain (modify) your code,
the distinction will be less clear. Oh, and if you work in a job with more
than one coder, and if they can be given the job to maintain your code down
the line... trust me, they will appreciate your specifically including the
property name also.

Rick

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message

[...]

Regards- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much, I got the solution.

Regards

Shahzad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But not quit for me!

The problem is that the focus is on a textbox and when the form is closed bu
pressing X-button (upperright corner) the Exit event is happening.

In the Exit event I have some code thats validate the entry - and if you
won't allow an empty field - you couldn't have a test saying "and
Len(DatePurchase) 0"

Hope you can help me!

Regards,
Flemming

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well - I should just look a bit further - then I figured it out.

The solution could be ...before the code in the exit-event - you put in
If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then
Exit sub
end if

Well i'm still learning ;-)