Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Imbedded Picture Names

Hi,
May be a silly question but I have an Excel program that imports and
clears numerous images as the user uses the tool. The images are organized
on the spreadsheet surface. I'm going to add some functionality that will
reference the picture name to cross-reference with related data. I noticed
that over time the picture names associated with the imported images continue
to increase (Ex: Picture 107059) even when they are cleared from the
spreadsheet and the program is restarted. I haven't had any problems with
this, but is there a convention to follow that is preferred with regards to
importing and clearing pictures or is there a procedure to have Excel "reset"
the image number back to some low number so I don't run into some sort of
overload in the future?

Thanks much.

imbedded spreadsheet Help appreciated! Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 28th 10 10:16 PM
imbedded picture Dan Excel Programming 2 August 2nd 07 03:16 PM
associate picture files with names. Pic chgs when name is chgd Doyle Diener Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 21st 06 04:24 PM
Picture Names BillyJ Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 October 27th 05 08:07 PM
imbedded if statements ksusong Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 6th 05 04:04 PM