Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Option Button FaceID in a custom commandbar

I have created a custom command bar, and inserted a pair of option
buttons from the forms toolbox.

They link to Macros in my code exactly as you would expect.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to change the filled dot to
an empty dot, ie how to indicate a deselected option.
The controls has a .Status property which can be set to msoButtonUp
and msoButtonDown, but that isn't actually what I want.

I have looked through all 5000 FaceIDs looking for an empty option
button, but can't find it (the idea being to toggle the control FaceID
through 2 different values). I am beginning to think that it's done
some other way, but none of the properties look likely, and the online
help seems to be silent on the subject. I have tried Google to no
avail too.

I can make do with toggling between FaceIDs 1086 and 1087 (green tick,
red cross) but that isn't quite the emphasis I want to place on the
options.

I tried putting a Forms Toolbox option button in the worksheet and
looking at it's FaceID, but couldn't even find a FaceID in the watch
window. , so that was a dead-end too.

What am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You stopped looking too soon. <g
Excel 2002 provides faceID 6083 which could be what you want.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA