Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default object required

OK this is where excel gets frustrating,

I have a spreadsheet with a user form on it and a button that open the form,
the code on the button is

riderinfo.show

works fine

I have another spreadsheet with the same type of setup on it and I get the
error message

Run time error 424

object required

why would one work and not the other

also I want to set the rowsource of a combo box to a spreadsheet called list

so in row source I have typed list!(A2:A4)

and get the error message Could not set the row source property. invalid
property value

some help would be appreciated

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you post then code for the cmmadbutton issue?

Here is the solution to your rowsouce

ComboBox1.RowSource = "list!A2:A4"

"Nigel" wrote:

OK this is where excel gets frustrating,

I have a spreadsheet with a user form on it and a button that open the form,
the code on the button is

riderinfo.show

works fine

I have another spreadsheet with the same type of setup on it and I get the
error message

Run time error 424

object required

why would one work and not the other

also I want to set the rowsource of a combo box to a spreadsheet called list

so in row source I have typed list!(A2:A4)

and get the error message Could not set the row source property. invalid
property value

some help would be appreciated

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It should look somthing like this no?

Sub CommandButton1_Click() '<--you named button here of course
entryform.show
End sub

have you named your form entryform? I cant seem to recreate your error. Good
luck.

"Nigel" wrote:

entryform.show