Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Control Worksheet_SheetChange Events

I have a class that I created which automatically updates the cell
format based upon the input. The problem I have is that I have
several add-ins that are used to pull data into excel so when I run
those my sheet_change event runs as well and slows down the data
download considerable. I am trying to figure out how to control it so
that if these other add-ins run, then my cell update event won't run
until it is done.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Legacy,

Can you not disable, and subsequently
re-enable, events:

[...]
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
'Perform your actions
.EnableEvents = True
End With
[...]

---
Regards.
Norman

wrote in message
I have a class that I created which automatically updates the cell
format based upon the input. The problem I have is that I have
several add-ins that are used to pull data into excel so when I run
those my sheet_change event runs as well and slows down the data
download considerable. I am trying to figure out how to control it so
that if these other add-ins run, then my cell update event won't run
until it is done.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I might not be explaining this correctly. The other functions are
being run from 3rd party add-ins or dlls so I don't have access to
them. I only have access to the format cell event that I created. If
I disable events then mine won't run at all. I need to somehow catch
the fact that one of these other items is being run and then I can
turn off and turn on events.

I hope this explains it better. Also, i may be misunderstanding your
solution so let me know if that is the case...