Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro help

I have a pricing template that allows the users to put in the quantity of
what equipment the are going to rent. When they are finished, the press CTRL
+ Z and it will filter out all of the rows where there was not a quantity
entered. Someone from the company created the macro 3 years ago, and now
they no longer are with us. The problem that I am having now is that we
needed to add some new equipment and now the new equipment will not filter.
When I put in 1 in for the quantity of any new equipment, press CTRL + Z, it
does not show up. Below is the code. I am hoping that someone can explain
why the new equipment does not show up, and also give me some suggestions on
what to do. Thanks in advance.

Sub Macro1()
Cells.Select
Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=0
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 107
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 106
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 105
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 104
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 103
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 102
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 101
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 98
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 93
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 92
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 91
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 89
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 88
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 86
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 85
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 84
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 82
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 81
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 80
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 79
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 78
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 76
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 72
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 69
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 56
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 52
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 49
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 46
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 45
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 44
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 43
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 42
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 41
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 40
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 39
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 38
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 36
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 34
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 30
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 28
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 27
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 26
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 25
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=25, Criteria1:="=1", Operator:=xlAnd
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-39
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks ok, but can be simplified to jus

Sub Macro1()
With Cells

.AutoFilter
.AutoFilter Field:=25, Criteria1:="=1", Operator:=xlAnd
End With
End Sub

Long shot,. but does thios work?

--
HTH

Bob

"N. McCain" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The "macro" worked as it should but this would be better. Apparently you do
NOT have it assigned to the shortcut or you are using Z when it should be z
or vise versa.

Sub filtercol25greaterthanorequaltoone()
Cells.AutoFilter Field:=25, Criteria1:="=1"
End Sub

Manually assign Toolsmacromacrosthis workbookfind your macrooptions
or
Sub Addshortcutkey()
Application.MacroOptions Macro:="filtercol25greaterthanorequaltoone", _
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"N. McCain" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, it is still not reading the new rows that were added. For example: I
have some equipment in rows 21-38. The new equipment that I added is in rows
23 & 24. These two rows will not show up when I put a 1 in the quantity
column, but all the others will show up if I have put a 1 in the quantity
column.

"N. McCain" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you clearing the filter? Are you re-applying the filter after adding.
BTW ctrl Z is a poor choice as you no longer have an undo.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote:

The "macro" worked as it should but this would be better. Apparently you
do
NOT have it assigned to the shortcut or you are using Z when it should be
or vise versa.

Sub filtercol25greaterthanorequaltoone()
Cells.AutoFilter Field:=25, Criteria1:="=1"
End Sub

Manually assign Toolsmacromacrosthis workbookfind your macrooptions
or
Sub Addshortcutkey()
Application.MacroOptions Macro:="filtercol25greaterthanorequaltoone",
_
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"N. McCain" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From the VBA helpfile:
Field Optional Variant. The integer offset of the field on which you want
to base the filter (from the left of the list; the leftmost field is field
one).

If you have not resolved your problem, try this approach:(change Range &
Sheetname as required)

Sub Macro1()
'filter your list starting in cell A1 on Sheet1
'this should display only the entries in which field one
'equates to "=1".
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1") '<< change sheet name
'as required
'clear filter
ws.AutoFilterMode = False
'filter range