Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compare and paste macro

Thanks, Mark

Yes, this is something that will be done on a regular basis from different
files. I've done the VLOOKUP and it works beautifully for when there is a
match but I need to append those that didn't find matches to the bottom of
the list. This will become an auto open macro so an admin person can perform
the task faster.

The task is to find a match using a Unique ID and when a match is found to
copy data from spreadsheet 2 column A through M into spreadsheet 1 column J
through V. Both Unique IDs are in column A.

TIA

DPingger

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

Not sure I totally understand your request...

Is this something that you will be doing over and over again from different
data?

If it is the same data that just grows, you might be better off with just
using the VLOOKUP function right in the spreadsheet.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm

Once it is set up, it is very easy to manipulate.

Mark Ivey

"D Pingger" wrote in message
I've been trying to automate a check task done manually to date.

I have two spreadsheets that I need to match and merge the data, Sp1 and
Sp2
which has approx 3600 rows. The macro has to match an ID in column A of
Sp2
to column A of Sp1 and then Copy Sp2 Ax through Mx into Sp1 Mx. No match
rows
will be added to the bottom of column M.

TIA

Pingger