Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default button to seach columns for blank cells, then sort by two columns

I'm using excel 2007. We have a schedule that we have to follow to call
overtime in. Is there a way to create a button that when clicked would
search the columns for blank cells, then sort first by the column that it
finds a blank cell in, and then sort by another column that has the employees
number in it, search for next column with blank cell, sort and continue the
process until page range as been sorted. So it would look like this once
sorted:

Emp Emp#
Wilma 127 12/2/2006
Larry 139 8/19/2002 *10/15/02
Barney 122 2/15/2002 9/12/2002 10/3/2002
Fred 124 6/13/2002 7/27/2002 9/29/2002
Betty 121 11/2/2002 3/17/2004 5/11/2004 8/13/04

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Insert a column between EMP# and the first date. In that column place this
calculation: (Assuming it is column C)

=COUNTIF(D1:AK1,"01/01/1900")

Make sure D1:AK1 will be a big enough range to take care of all your dates
you might enter for an individual. Then just sort in ascending order on this
column.