Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Vlookup of Find date

Hi

I would like help. I have a workbook open. I would like to look at a
closed workbook or or open it whatever it's name may be (changes every week)
at column B2 to B80 and find the corresponding text in the same location as
my open workbook. In the closed workbook I would like to select he date
located in column F and place this in column I of the open workbook. If
column B contains the text EV00 in cell B3 in the open workbook, I would like
to find EV00 in the closed workbook column B, then locate the corresponding
date from column F and write it to cell I3 in the open workbook.

By persisting in your path, though you forfeit the little, you gain the
great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 23, 6:58 pm, DavidH56
wrote:
Hi

I would like help. I have a workbook open. I would like to look at a
closed workbook or or open it whatever it's name may be (changes every week)
at column B2 to B80 and find the corresponding text in the same location as
my open workbook. In the closed workbook I would like to select he date
located in column F and place this in column I of the open workbook. If
column B contains the text EV00 in cell B3 in the open workbook, I would like
to find EV00 in the closed workbook column B, then locate the corresponding
date from column F and write it to cell I3 in the open workbook.

By persisting in your path, though you forfeit the little, you gain the
great.

David,

I usually turn the macro recorder on (TOOLSMACRORECORD NEW MACRO)
and look at the code generated when I am faced with having to automate
a procedure. You can then look at the code and generalize it.