Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RibbonX Separator problem

Hello

Does anyone know if there is a bug in the getVisble callback for the
<separator tag. I am failing to make this item dissappear/appear on demand
using code. I don't think it's me as I can do it OK with other elements.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

According to the authors of the book RibbonX Customising the Office 2007
Ribbon this is a bug. It is always visible.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Cresta" wrote in message
Hello

Does anyone know if there is a bug in the getVisble callback for the
<separator tag. I am failing to make this item dissappear/appear on
demand
using code. I don't think it's me as I can do it OK with other elements.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Zack

The intention was for a button, a dropdown and a separator to either be
visible or not, depending on the user that was opening the file. The
callbacks were happening, as expected, as the file was being opened, and not
"on demand". The button and dropdown getVisible callbacks worked as expected,
but not the separators.

The Sepatator getVisible callback I had is shown:

Sub sep2_getVisible(ByRef control As IRibbonControl, ByRef ReturnValue As
Variant)
If InStr(UCase(Application.UserName), "XYZ") Then
ReturnValue = True
Else
ReturnValue = False

I wish I had checked the forum five minutes earlier, as I would have seen
your message. But I have gone a different route with the ribbon to avoid this
issue.

However, does this sound like there's a bug or was it just me?

Thanks