Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default charts, data in arrays, can same be done for ErrorBar figures?

Hi folks,

I have some charting code in which the data for the chart is specified
as a formula (eg =SERIES("firstData",
{"NTC","11","12","13","14","15","21","22","23","24 ","25"},
{0,8,15,17,10,35,8,15,18,11,28},1))

Everything works well with the exception of the corresponding error
bar data; I can find no way of receovering this from the worksheet, so
the charts maintain this reference to a range.

Has anyone devised a solution to this? It would make writing code to
edit the data displayed by a chart much more straightforward.

Thanks in advance for your every suggestion

Matthew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew,

I'd also be interested to know how to read Custom +/- error bar values, in
particular the source range if not coded values.

If you already know the source or values and merely want to remove links to
cells follow this -

Record a macro to (re)apply your error bars and source data.

Look at the arguments "Amount" and/or "MinusValues". Instead of the recorded
address you can replace these with an array. If say your "Amount" refers to
A1:D1 (or R1C1 style) do this

vArr = application.transpose(range("A1:D1"))
amount:=vArr

Once you've got your array(s) adapt the macro to non-recorded style (in
effect qualify errorbars to the series) and replace the address(es) with
your array(s).

Keep in mind the absolute max 255 characters limit in the arrays incl commas
& brackets (same limit also applies to each section of the series formula).

Regards,
Peter T