Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I lock certain cels i a worksheet

I am wanting to lock up certain cells that are not being used in a wroksheet
so that those cells cannot be selected and have info entered in them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By default all cells in a worksheet are locked when sheet protection is enabled.

It is up to you to decide which are to be locked or unlocked when the sheet is
protected.

FormatCellsProtection is where you would change the "locked" or "unlocked"
status.

Then ToolsProtectProtect Sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP