Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way to view the VBA code dynamically...i.e., while usingthe record macro tool

Hello - I believe that I read that it is possible to see the VBA code
in the visual basic editor simultaneous to the actions that one is
doing in Excel.

If I understand right, this will likely involve using the record macro
option.

However, when I try viewing the module or sheet's macro code by
opening both windows (and using the record macro option), I do not see
the code.

Could someone please let me know which windows exactly I need to open,
and which steps I need to take, in order to accomplish this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 19, 7:06*am, Mike C wrote:
Hello - I believe that I read that it is possible to see the VBA code
in the visual basic editor simultaneous to the actions that one is
doing in Excel.

If I understand right, this will likely involve using the record macro
option.

However, when I try viewing the module or sheet's macro code by
opening both windows (and using the record macro option), I do not see
the code.

Could someone please let me know which windows exactly I need to open,
and which steps I need to take, in order to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Hi,

In the Excel application window use the middle button on the right
hand side of the titlebar to "Restore" the window. Resize by dragging
its sides to make it smaller. Press Alt+F11 to open VBE window and
restore it in such a way that Excel window and VBE window share the
screen side by side.

Anant
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 18, 9:32*pm, wrote:
On Apr 19, 7:06*am, Mike C wrote:

[...]

Hello Anant - For some reason, when I follow those steps, I still
don't see the code. I am looking at the VIEW CODE window within VBE.
I am the selecting RECORD MACRO, and then when I make changes, I do
not see any code in teh Code WIndoe (i.e., Showing General, and
Declarations).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 22 Apr., 04:09, Mike C wrote:
On Apr 18, 9:32*pm, wrote:

On Apr 19, 7:06*am, Mike C wrote:

[...]

Thanks for any suggestions.- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Hi Mark

When you record a macro it is usually placed in a new module.
Start the macro recorder, goto the VBA window and open the correct
module, then do what you need in excel.

Regards,
Per