Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Default Selection.EntireRow.AutoFit

XL2003 on XP

Selection.EntireRow.AutoFit

When I use this with most rows, it does what I expect. However, if the row
has merged cells with wrap text on and an entry long enough to cause it to
wrap, this line causes the row height to shrink to the default? of 12.75.
Does anyone have an explanation or a workaround?

--
Al C
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's one of the problems with merged cells.

Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Al wrote:

XL2003 on XP

Selection.EntireRow.AutoFit

When I use this with most rows, it does what I expect. However, if the row
has merged cells with wrap text on and an entry long enough to cause it to
wrap, this line causes the row height to shrink to the default? of 12.75.
Does anyone have an explanation or a workaround?

--
Al C

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Thank you, Dave
--
Al C

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

That's one of the problems with merged cells.

Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Al wrote:

XL2003 on XP

Selection.EntireRow.AutoFit

When I use this with most rows, it does what I expect. However, if the row
has merged cells with wrap text on and an entry long enough to cause it to
wrap, this line causes the row height to shrink to the default? of 12.75.
Does anyone have an explanation or a workaround?

--
Al C

--

Dave Peterson

Autofit (Columns.EntireColumn.AutoFit) does not work Michiel via OfficeKB.com Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 10th 09 05:29 PM
Selection EntireRow Insert Rob Excel Programming 4 March 24th 08 08:32 PM
EntireRow Zone[_3_] Excel Programming 3 August 16th 07 07:40 PM
format:column width: autofit selection dutch3dsmax Setting up and Configuration of Excel 1 March 28th 07 08:27 AM
AutoFit Selection Ray Batig Excel Programming 1 December 23rd 03 05:11 AM