Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input Cells on a Chart tab

Hi All

I have a dynamic chart that changes based on start and end dates that
a user can change. The dates are just in a couple of cells on the
same worksheet as the chart. However, ideally I'd like to have the
chart as a separate sheet with the "input" cells for the dates on that
sheet as well (so that the user doesn't have to flip back and forth
between the worksheet to input the dates, and the worksheet to view
the chart).

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1. Put the chart onto its own blank worksheet, don't show gridlines, and
format the input cells so the user knows to enter limits here.

2. Use textboxes on the chart, or better, slider-type controls. This page
has some examples you can adapt:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Steve Mackay" wrote in message
Hi All

I have a dynamic chart that changes based on start and end dates that
a user can change. The dates are just in a couple of cells on the
same worksheet as the chart. However, ideally I'd like to have the
chart as a separate sheet with the "input" cells for the dates on that
sheet as well (so that the user doesn't have to flip back and forth
between the worksheet to input the dates, and the worksheet to view
the chart).

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks
Steve