Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lines not executing

I have a system where I have a common code xla that I load up when running
some sheets. The xla is not installed but is opened when opening the sheets,
so that a single copy of the xla can reside on a sharepoint and be accessed
by multiple users. This allows code updates to be global and means less
sending out new version copies. The xla stays open as long as a sheet is
using it, and it knows if it's in use as a sheet adds it's name to a sheet in
the xla itself. This works fine on 2 sheets.

The thrid sheet all the code branches execute as planned, but certain lines,
such as workbooks(LIBRARY).close False, does nothing. I made sure there was
no error handling by putting on error goto 0 right before the line, but the
code just highlights it, and steps past it without executing the close. It
did the same thing to a clearcontents command. I use global constants for the
names of the sheets so the name is always the same. Anyone see this occur and
know what's going on?

--
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003