Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Circular Reference (Two problems)

Hi Folks,

I use a spreadsheet to calculate cost of a project which includes commission
percentage.
The commission is a percentage of the sell price (COST+TAX+MARK-UP). But the
sell price
includes a mark-up of the commission

(COST+TAX+MARK-UP+COMMISION+MARK-UP=SELL PRICE).

1. I have a problem with a circular reference. I changed the ³Limitation² to
1 but the
excel XLS does not always remember this preference.

2.The total sell price changes every time I click SAVE even though the cells
have not
been altered. Also, If I had a sell price then I zeroed out all the costs,
there is still figures
in the totals cell even though there are no figures cells. There should be
0.00.

There¹s a ghost in the machine.

John Chavez
Los Angeles, CA