Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Spell Check in excel

Hi All,

I want to develop a spellchecker in excel.I want that excel
spellchecker should work similar to the word auto-spell checking. i.e
all spell mistakes start appearing in red.

How can i implement the same ? Any pointers ?.

Regards,
Raan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 15, 6:58*am, Raan wrote:
Hi All,

I want to develop a spellchecker in excel.I want that excel
spellchecker should work similar to the word auto-spell checking. i.e
all spell mistakes start appearing in red.

How can i implement the same ? Any pointers ?.

Regards,
Raan

On the worksheets_upon update or whatever it's called, go through
every non-blank cell, look for letters, break down text strings into
"words", compare them to an established database of words, if the word
isn't a word, then highlight the text.

Should be doable... I wonder if you can't access the F7 spellcheck
from VBA, though ... hmmm ... if you could, you can skip to just
highlighting!

HTH

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 15, 6:10 pm, cht13er wrote:
On Apr 15, 6:58 am, Raan wrote:

Hi All,

I want to develop a spellchecker in excel.I want that excel
spellchecker should work similar to the word auto-spell checking. i.e
all spell mistakes start appearing in red.

How can i implement the same ? Any pointers ?.

Regards,
Raan

On the worksheets_upon update or whatever it's called, go through
every non-blank cell, look for letters, break down text strings into
"words", compare them to an established database of words, if the word
isn't a word, then highlight the text.

Should be doable... I wonder if you can't access the F7 spellcheck
from VBA, though ... hmmm ... if you could, you can skip to just
highlighting!

HTH

Chris

How can i highlight a word in cell in excel. I could not find any
thing for highlighting the word.