Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Manipulating a combo box on a website

Hi,

I'm trying to write a macro to get onto a bank website and download
client reports into Excel.

Thanks to Jimmy Pena's excellent site*, I've been able to get past the
username and password. But now that I'm past the firewall, and am
ready to select which client I want the report for, I'm confronted
with... a combo box (aurgh!). How do you select a client from a combo
box?

If it helps, here's the HTML source code that appears to be around it.
(I have changed client names and account numbers to protect the
innocent):

</TABLE
<TABLE border=0 width=640 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=1<TR<TD
WIDTH="35%" class="TableSubHeadLeft"account</TD<TD WIDTH="65%"
class="TableCopyLeft"<SELECT size=1 onchange="changeAccountList()"
name="accountddfld"<OPTION VALUE="BLOGGS FRED - 123454321"BLOGGS
FRED - 123454321
<OPTION VALUE="SMITH JOHN - 123454322"SMITH JOHN - 123454322
</SELECT
</TD</TR
<TR<TD WIDTH="35%" class="TableSubHeadLeft"account type</TD<TD
WIDTH="65%" class="TableCopyLeft"Macquarie Super Manager</TD</TR
</TABLE

Regards,
Durand

*Jimmy Pena's site is http://www.codeforexcelandoutlook.co...tExplorer.html