Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default update from file?

Hello all.
I just stumbled across updateFromFile command today while looking for
something else.
I've read the Excel Help printout on it, and it appears that I want to do
something that is the opposite of how I'm understanding UpdateFromFile to be
explained.
I have a large file with some 70 pages of data in it. Let's call it A.xlsx
The data in this file has been processed, and is accurate.
I want to have a macro that looks at another location-- say
//Jones/Home/Master/ -- at read only files.
If any of the read only files are more recent than the A.xlsx file-- have
been modified more recently than the read only files-- there are a total of
some 780 files, and I only want to look at a specific range of them-- #230
through #270.
If these files are more recently modified than A.xlsx, then I want to copy
two of the worksheets into A.xlsx from each of the read only files that are
newer.

If I understand UpdateFromFile correctly, it updates the read only files,
and leaves the source files alone. But the Read only, and source files are
the same file.

What I'm interested in is modifying two distinct file groups.
Does this make sense?
Thank you.
Best.