Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Decimal question in variable?

Hi,
I would like to know if it exists a function to round up or down a three or
more decimal at only two,
I am not talking about the content of a cell but at the content of a variable
Ex: B = 13.34567
A = 13.35
C = A - B
I would like In this Example the result of C to be 0.
In fact I would like round up B to be 13.35.
or 13.34 if B was 13.34458

Thank you very much

Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the Round function to do what is called Banker's Rounding (if
number ends in 5 and is being rounded to the previous decimal position, the
value is rounded to the previous even digit) or Format to do what I consider
"normal" rounding (if a number ends in 5 and is being rounded to the
previous decimal position, it always rounded upward).

B = 13.34567
A = 13.3
C = Round(A - B, 2) <<<or C = Format(A - B, "0.00")

If you really want the 0 value to be 0 and not 0.00, the Format version can
be changed to this...

C = Format(A - B, "0.00;;0")

Rick