Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Golf Leage Help

Hello, I need an average of last 6 scores discounting the lowest and the
highest. I need to also discount blanks/zero for days the person does not
show. Thank you for your time and patience with me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is the current layout of your spreadsheet?

Cheers,
Jason Lepack

On Apr 9, 1:45 pm, David wrote:
Hello, I need an average of last 6 scores discounting the lowest and the
highest. I need to also discount blanks/zero for days the person does not
show. Thank you for your time and patience with me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, Jason. I am planning to list the dates in row 1, column b and
across. The players will be listed in column a and the player scores
corresponding to the names and dates. I am planning to link the result of
the averages to worksheet 2 which will show the player and the average.
Thank you

On Apr 9, 1:45 pm, David wrote:
Hello, I need an average of last 6 scores discounting the lowest and the
highest. I need to also discount blanks/zero for days the person does not
show. Thank you for your time and patience with me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This site might interest you, also.

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/l...&criteria=name

That should all be one line if you copy and paste it.

On Apr 9, 1:45 pm, David wrote:
Hello, I need an average of last 6 scores discounting the lowest and the
highest. I need to also discount blanks/zero for days the person does not
show. Thank you for your time and patience with me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is an array formula, it must be entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

=AVERAGE(INDEX(B2:IV2,LARGE(IF(B2:IV2<"",COLUMN(B 2:IV2)-COLUMN(B2)+1),
6)):INDEX(B2:IV2,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,B2:IV 2)))

Cheers,
Jason Lepack

On Apr 9, 1:45 pm, David wrote:
Hello, I need an average of last 6 scores discounting the lowest and the
highest. I need to also discount blanks/zero for days the person does not
show. Thank you for your time and patience with me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...golf-handicap/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, Jason, you have been a big help to me and to our league. God
bless you and Excel!

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...golf-handicap/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jason, I did some experimenting with the array formula that you sent to me
and it works like a charm for averaging the last six scores. My problem is
the formula includes zeros and it should not (in the event the player does
not play that day we do not want to include it in the average) and the
formula does not appear to throw out the highest of the last six and the
lowest of the last six. Would you either help me repair the formula or
would you fix it for me? I understand some of the formula but not the
majority of it. Thank you very much for your patience with me.