Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default error &H80004005 in EXCEL

Using Windows XP, EXCEL Office 2003.
Each time I open an EXCEL workbook, I get the MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC system
error '&H80004005 (-2147467259) unspecified error' message. I click on OK
about 17 times and then get another error message 'Compile error in hidden
module: This Workbook'. This happens each time I open an EXCEL file whether
it is a new one or not. Can anyone help me get rid of this, please?
Thanks
Yendorian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mark,
I think I can only run the code when Excek is already open, can't I?
What is really worrying is that I get this message every time I open Excel
and before I enter any data or VBA.
Yendorian

"Yendorian" wrote in message
Using Windows XP, EXCEL Office 2003.
Each time I open an EXCEL workbook, I get the MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC
system
error '&H80004005 (-2147467259) unspecified error' message. I click on OK
about 17 times and then get another error message 'Compile error in hidden
module: This Workbook'. This happens each time I open an EXCEL file
whether
it is a new one or not. Can anyone help me get rid of this, please?
Thanks
Yendorian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 9, 9:29*pm, Yendorian
wrote:
Using Windows XP,EXCELOffice 2003.
Each time IopenanEXCELworkbook, I get the MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC systemerror'&H80004005 (-2147467259) unspecifiederror' message. I click on OK
about 17 times and then get anothererrormessage 'Compileerrorin hidden
module: This Workbook'. This happens each time IopenanEXCELfile whether
it is a new one or not. Can anyone help me get rid of this, please?
Thanks
Yendorian

Hi,

It seems that your excel file is damaged or something. You may try
Advanced Excel Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ This tool is
rather useful in salvaging damaged Excel xls files. Hope this helps.

Alan