Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Problem

I tried getting help with this before and did not get it resolved.

Here is the problem. I am processing data files in a .CSV format. These
files are processed in South Africa where they use the date format:
dd/mm/yyyy. When I process the file if the dates are in a General Format
there is no problem with the dates. But we have found that some of the files
have mixed format where the dates are in General Format and some are in Date
Format. The date format is the problem.

Example: 12/01/2008 South Africa is actually Jan 12, 2008

In General format, when I process the data and write the date to a
worksheet, the date is still 12/01/08 formatted to dd/mm/yy.
If the data is in Date Format, the date printed then becomes 01/12/08 or Dec
1, 2008. Because Excel thinks the date is Dec 1, 2008.

I need some one that is good with dates!

Thanks