Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pulling cell names from an associated cell

I have a table where I am logging bid results

I am using the min(range) formula to transfer the low bid to another
worksheet in the book.

What would be the formula to transfer the name of the company (say it's in
the adjacent cell in the tabulation worksheet) to the other worksheet.

For Example:

Low Bid: =min(AG1:AG17)
Bidder: =???? (let's say bidder name in row AH)

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

If your Low Bid (minimum) is in cell AJ1, then...

=INDEX(AH1:AH17,MATCH(AJ1,AG1:AG17,0))

Rick