Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default *Assistance with formula*

I have data in spreadsheet 1 that consists of 8 columns and 2500 rows

The data is laid out as follows
Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F Col G
Col H
Row 1 AL BF0050C Bigfoot 1000 800 200 Smithfield 200
Row 2 VA CS0027F Smith 200 120 80 Austin 215
Row 3 GA HN4237D Maximum 1000 750 250 Smithfield
200

I am trying to pull the information into a spreadsheet consisting of 4
columns
Col A Col B Col C Col D
Row 1 3/31/08 =H1&"-4005-"&A1 -D1 =B1&" - "&C1
Row 2 3/31/08 =H1&"-5360-"&A1 E1 =B1&" - "&C1
Row 3 3/31/08 =H2&"-4005-"&A2 -D1 =B2&" - "&C2
Row 4 3/31/08 =H2&"-5360-"&A2 E1 =B2&" - "&C2
Row 5 3/31/08 =H3&"-4005-"&A3 -D1 =B3&" - "&C3
Row 6 3/31/08 =H3&"-5360-"&A3 E1 =B3&" - "&C3

I need to have 2 rows per line of the original data and need to be able to
create for various number of rows

Any ideas on how to automate or copy or use fill to get every other row to
look at the next row in my data spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

All I can say is WOW and thanks -- this works perfectly!

"Jialiang Ge [MSFT]" wrote in message
Hello Gail,

In order to automate Excel to generate 2 rows per line of the original
data
and create for various number of rows, the most convenient way I think is
to write an Excel macro.

I write one macro for you according to your sample data. The macro can
generate a report in Sheet2(ColA~ColD) according to the data in
Sheet1(ColA~ColH). You may copy & paste the macro into Excel VBA Project
(Alt+F11). For your convenience, I also build a sample spreadsheet (xls)
demonstrate how to use the macro. You can download the demo(41751914.xls)
from this message with Outlook Express or Windows Mail.

I think this macro should be self-explanatory because I have added a lot
of
comments among codes. If you have any problem with it, feel free to let me
know.

Sub Generate()

'clear sheet2 (the target sheet)
Sheet2.Rows.Clear

'current row number in the source sheet
Dim sourceRowNum As Integer

For sourceRowNum = 1 To Sheet1.UsedRange.Rows.Count

Dim srcRowNumStr As String
srcRowNumStr = CStr(sourceRowNum)

'the first row in the target sheet
With Sheet2.Rows(sourceRowNum * 2 - 1)
'column A in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 1).Value2 = "3/31/08"

'column B in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 2).Formula = "=Sheet1!H" & srcRowNumStr &
"&""-4005-""&Sheet1!A" & srcRowNumStr

'column C in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 3).Formula = "=-Sheet1!D" & srcRowNumStr

'column D in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 4).Formula = "=Sheet1!B" & srcRowNumStr & "&"" -
""&Sheet1!C" & srcRowNumStr
End With

'the second row in the target sheet
With Sheet2.Rows(sourceRowNum * 2)
'column A in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 1).Value2 = "3/31/08"

'column B in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 2).Formula = "=Sheet1!H" & srcRowNumStr &
"&""-5360-""&Sheet1!A" & srcRowNumStr

'column C in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 3).Formula = "=Sheet1!E" & srcRowNumStr

'column D in the target sheet
.Cells(1, 4).Formula = "=Sheet1!B" & srcRowNumStr & "&"" -
""&Sheet1!C" & srcRowNumStr
End With

Next

Jialiang Ge , remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

.

ications.

rights.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Attaching files is frowned upon in these news groups.

I would think someone from Microsoft Online Community Support should be aware of
that.

Post files to an internet file-hosting site and leave the URL for interested
parties to download from there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 03:03:54 GMT, (Jialiang Ge
[MSFT]) wrote:

For your convenience, I also build a sample spreadsheet (xls) to
demonstrate how to use the macro.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Gord, I will take care of it in future.

Regards,