Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default List

I have a code that inserts a validation list into a cell.

With ycell.Offset(num, 0).Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _
xlBetween, Formula1:="=costitemrng"
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.InputTitle = ""
.ErrorTitle = ""
.InputMessage = ""
.ErrorMessage = ""
.ShowInput = False
.ShowError = True
End With

This works great except for on the excel worksheet I can right click on the
cell where I have the list and a window with a list of options for that cell
pops up. One of the options is 'pick from drop_down List...' and in this
list are contents that aren't in list that I have set for that cell.

How do I make it so that that option doesn't appear in the pop up window, or
make it so that if something is selected that isn't in the list that I have
for that cell, it won't allow it in the cell?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

You can stop the user right clicking all together, which stops them
doing a lot of things sometime they shouldnt be.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)

Cancel = True

End Sub

This code is on the sheet you want to stop. So you can allow on a single
page but not on the rest the choice is yours. You could also add other code
here to diable pop up menu options etc...

Regards

Anthony