Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How set print area & account for length of text inside cells?

I am trying to determine if each individual worksheet in a workbook
should be formatted as landscape or portrait and using a set print
area command to only print the area that has text in it. My only
complication is that some of my cells have text which is wider than
the actual column width is. When determining the width of a worksheet
I want to also consider the width of the contents of individual cells
so that I don't truncate these cells that have long text portions in
them when I use the set print area command.

As an example A1=5, columnwidth =10, cell B1=1234 columnwidth = 10,
cell C1="test text here and it's very long and goes on and on"
columnwidth = 10. So as you see I have a combined total columnwidth
of 30 so if I set print area to A1:C1 it would likely cut off the
contents of cell C1 from being displayed on the output due to the
length of the contents of C1.

It would seem like I can't just use the columnwidth command since
using a combined columnwidth for columns A:C would leave the text of
cell C1 truncated after the set print area command is issued for the
range A1:C1. How do I properly set the print area to account for the
width the contents of each cell so it's not truncated after setting
the print area?

Thanks, Chet