Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default General Programming question

I have a 24meg excel file. I was wondering if using VBA can reduce the size
of the file and make the file calculate quicker?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 27, 9:30*am, not bright
wrote:
I have a 24meg excel file. I was wondering if using VBA can reduce the size
of the file and make the file calculate quicker?

Thanks

Most likely the file size is inflated somehow (layer upon layer of
conditional formatting is common) .. if you're able, open a new file,
copy over the data from each sheet, and save the new file ...

Without more specific reasons as to why the file is large and/or why
it's slow, it's unlikely you'll get much help here, sorry.

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the file I am working on (done by a co-woker) most of the cells use the
INDIRECT formula. The following is a sample from one cell:
=IF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(B$2+3,12,,,"Types"))="","",IF (INDIRECT(ADDRESS($BP$7+($A6-1),$BQ$7,,,$BR$7))=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(B$2+3,12,,,"Ty pes")),1,""))

There are about 12 tabs and about 8000+ cells in each tab. I'm just trying
streamline the file without have to break the file apart and have the main
file call another file to get the information.