Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default autofilter criteria

hi,

i have the following:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1,
Criteria1:=Sheets("lookup").Range("BM3").Value, _
Field:=3, Criteria2:=Sheets("lookup").Range("I3").Value

it seems to work when i just have the Criteria1, but when I add the
Criteria2, it shows no rows and doesnt work right.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bear in mind that with 2 criteria only rows that meet both will display.

--
Jim
"geebee" (noSPAMs) wrote in message
| hi,
|
| i have the following:
|
| Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1,
| Criteria1:=Sheets("lookup").Range("BM3").Value, _
| Field:=3, Criteria2:=Sheets("lookup").Range("I3").Value
|
| it seems to work when i just have the Criteria1, but when I add the
| Criteria2, it shows no rows and doesnt work right.
|
| What am i doing wrong?
|
| thanks in advance,
| geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,

The criteria1 is a date, looking up a value in another sheet. criteria 2 is
a state abbreviation. i checked to make sure i have records that meet both
selected criteria, but its just not working.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Bear in mind that with 2 criteria only rows that meet both will display.

--
Jim
"geebee" (noSPAMs) wrote in message
| hi,
|
| i have the following:
|
| Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1,
| Criteria1:=Sheets("lookup").Range("BM3").Value, _
| Field:=3, Criteria2:=Sheets("lookup").Range("I3").Value
|
| it seems to work when i just have the Criteria1, but when I add the
| Criteria2, it shows no rows and doesnt work right.
|
| What am i doing wrong?
|
| thanks in advance,
| geebee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd have to see it to know what the problem is for sure. If you can send me
an example I'd be happy to look at it.

--
Jim
"geebee" (noSPAMs) wrote in message
| hi,
|
| The criteria1 is a date, looking up a value in another sheet. criteria 2
is
| a state abbreviation. i checked to make sure i have records that meet
both
| selected criteria, but its just not working.
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| Bear in mind that with 2 criteria only rows that meet both will display.
|
| --
| Jim
| "geebee" (noSPAMs) wrote in message
| | hi,
| |
| | i have the following:
| |
| | Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1,
| | Criteria1:=Sheets("lookup").Range("BM3").Value, _
| | Field:=3, Criteria2:=Sheets("lookup").Range("I3").Value
| |
| | it seems to work when i just have the Criteria1, but when I add the
| | Criteria2, it shows no rows and doesnt work right.
| |
| | What am i doing wrong?
| |
| | thanks in advance,