Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to detect if workbook is running in Internet Explorer

Apparently some of our users are trying to run our workbook in
Internet Explorer instead of in Excel. Works fine with some other
workbooks but not with the code in our workbook.

We don't have the time to try to get it to work in Internet Explorer
right now. Instead, we'd like to detect whether the workbook is
running in IE, and exit, after maybe a brief message to the user. For
example:

If IsRunningInIE Then Exit Sub

Or, in the Workbook Open Event:

If IsRunningInIE Then
MsgBox "Explanatory message, etc."
Exit Sub

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If IsRunningInIE Then
MsgBox "Explanatory message, etc."
Exit Sub

Sorry, I meant:

If IsRunningInIE Then
MsgBox "Explanatory message, etc."
Exit Sub
End If

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 24, 2:29*pm, Greg Lovern wrote:
If IsRunningInIE Then
* * MsgBox "Explanatory message, etc."
Exit Sub

Sorry, I meant:

If IsRunningInIE Then
* * MsgBox "Explanatory message, etc."
* * Exit Sub
End If

Greg

you can close it by looping thru open windows and closing down the
window if the URL = whatever shows up in the internet explorer URL
address bar whenever they open it in IE

Dim objShell, ObjShellWindows, objW
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set ObjShellWindows = objShell.Windows
For Each objW In ObjShellWindows
If objW.LocationURL Like "whatever shows up" Then
objW.Quit
End If
Next
Exit Sub