Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Information results on user form?

Hi I have made a spreadsheet to calculate golf scores and do
countbacks, the spreadsheet works fine but not knowing much about vba
programming I am wondering if a
user form can be used to enter imformation on to the spreadsheet but
also show on the user form the results of what would be entered ie:
If a Golfer had 4 strokes on hole 1 and if entered would receive 2
stableford points, can I get the user form to show this before I
commit the score to the spreadsheet?
Thank You
EPJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 23, 9:22 pm, wrote:
Hi I have made a spreadsheet to calculate golf scores and do
countbacks, the spreadsheet works fine but not knowing much about vba
programming I am wondering if a
user form can be used to enter imformation on to the spreadsheet but
also show on the user form the results of what would be entered ie:
If a Golfer had 4 strokes on hole 1 and if entered would receive 2
stableford points, can I get the user form to show this before I
commit the score to the spreadsheet?
Thank You
EPJ

Yes you can, I suggest reading these:
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip019.shtml
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip009.shtml
http://www.mrexcel.com/td0071.html
and then doing a few google group searches for stuff you don't
understand yet.

Good luck!

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

EPJ,

I am just wondering why you need a userform?

It might well be easier to use a sheet as your interface, in which case you
can use Excel's maths and logic capability inside the sheet. Once you are
happy with what is entered, copy the entered score into your master sheet.

--
Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com