Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable scrolling when macros disabled

Hi,

When my wb is opened with macros disabled only one sheet is visible. I
want to prevent the user from scrolling on this sheet, which i can do
when macros are enabled but not when discabled. Is there a way to do
this? (I tried setting the scroll area but this doesn't seem to take
effect when macros are disabled).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

copy and paste the following in youre this workbook code

it will when u close it freeze panes and if u open with out macro's enable
keep it freeze(unable to scroll) if macro's enabled it will be able to scroll

Range("v60").Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Render the workbook useless if users disable macros.

In a beforeclose event, hide all sheets but a dummy sheet with the message "By
disabling macros you have made this workbook useless. Close and enable macros
to continue."

When users enable macros have workbook_open code that hides dummy sheet and
makes your working sheet visible with the scrollarea set as you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP