Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to load an excel file through web link?

Refering to the post in Excel Worksheet Function

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load following web link into Temp
worksheet?
http://main.hsi.com.hk/hsicom/table/dyforma1.xls
I would like to load the "HSI" worksheet only from given web links
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just use

dim wb as Excel.WorkBook
set wb = Workbooks.Open("http://main.hsi.com.hk/hsicom/table/dyforma1.xls")

Tim

"Eric" wrote in message
Refering to the post in Excel Worksheet Function

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load following web link into
Temp
worksheet?
http://main.hsi.com.hk/hsicom/table/dyforma1.xls
I would like to load the "HSI" worksheet only from given web links
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your reply
Could you please give more description on how to apply?
There are a few worksheet under this file, and I would like to load the
"HSI" worksheet only into Temp worksheet.
Your code does not include anything related to "HSI" worksheet.
Could you please give me more suggestions?

"Eric" wrote in message
Refering to the post in Excel Worksheet Function

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load following web link into
Temp
worksheet?
http://main.hsi.com.hk/hsicom/table/dyforma1.xls
I would like to load the "HSI" worksheet only from given web links
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dim wb as Excel.WorkBook
set wb = Workbooks.Open("http://main.hsi.com.hk/hsicom/table/dyforma1.xls")
wb.sheets("HSI").usedrange.copy thisworkbook.sheets("temp").range("A1")
wb.close false

Tim

"Eric" wrote in message
Thank you for your reply
Could you please give more description on how to apply?
There are a few worksheet under this file, and I would like to load the
"HSI" worksheet only into Temp worksheet.
Your code does not include anything related to "HSI" worksheet.
Could you please give me more suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Just use