Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Will anyone help a new user out there?

This is my second time posting this question ... Please help!

I have 2 workbooks. One consist of a report cover page created with
textboxes, shading, etc. The second workbook has all of my data. I would
like to merge the two workbooks without losing any of my formatting.

I have a macro that creates the data portion of my report and just want
additional code to produce the report with an attached coversheet.

Sub make_report2()
'
'
' Make_Report Macro
' Macro recorded 3/5/2008 by Someone
'
'
Sheets("ENLDATA").Copy Befo=Sheets(2)
Sheets("ENLDATA (2)").Select
Sheets("ENLDATA (2)").Name = "ENLREPORT2"

Cells.Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("B2") _
, Order2:=xlAscending, Key3:=Range("C2"), Order3:=xlAscending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

End Sub

' Sheets("ENLREPORT2").Select
' ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=94
' Sheets("ENLREPORT2").Name = "ENLREPORT2"
' Sheets("ENLREPORT2").Select
' Range("R21").Select
' ActiveWorkbook.Close
' Workbooks.Open Filename:="H:\ss\enlformat2.xls"

--
53214920

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Hi,

Knowing this forum, someone will likely trump my response with a better
idea; however, if it were me, I would just record a macro to copy your cover
sheet (i.e. the entire sheet - not just the images) from its source workbook
into the file where your report resides and just print them as two separate
pages in the proper sequence.

If you want the cover to physically appear in the same sheet as the report,
then determine the number of rows the cover must consume to fill a whole
page. Then record a macro to insert that number of rows at the top of your
report.

On your cover, select all drawing objects and group them. Then record a
second macro to copy the image into your report.

Mixing graphics like this can be dicey. Hope this helps somehow...