Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I am new to VBE. How can I create a for loop without typing it intothe code.

Let's say I have a column with the number 1-100. I want to scan thru
each number until I hit the number 70. Is there a graphical way to do
this or must I know how the VBA syntax and type it in the code?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I am new to VBE. How can I create a for loop without typing it in

You'll be looking for the built in VLookup function then.

You can look up the syntax and examples in Excel help. :)

" wrote:

Let's say I have a column with the number 1-100. I want to scan thru
each number until I hit the number 70. Is there a graphical way to do
this or must I know how the VBA syntax and type it in the code?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If i understand, you want to find the first 70 that occurs in a column? I'm
not sure what you mean by a graphical way, but one way without code is to
just select the column, ctl F and type the number you want to find. If this
isn't what you're looking for, give us a better idea of what you need, who
will use it, and what for and that should help us help you.
--
-John
is helpful.

" wrote:

Let's say I have a column with the number 1-100. I want to scan thru
each number until I hit the number 70. Is there a graphical way to do
this or must I know how the VBA syntax and type it in the code?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use Find (Ctrl-F) in Excel with the macro recorder switched on.

--
---
HTH

Bob