Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy & Paste "Equal" Function: Adding Distance

I'm hoping someone can help me with the following:

1). In (sheet 2, cell A1) I use the Equal formula to make it "= sheet 1,
cell A1"

2). Still in Sheet 2: I copy & paste (cell A1) into (cell A2). Of course,
my result will be "= sheet 1, cell A2) as the formula will maintain my
original distance.
*However, I need the result to be "= sheet 1, cell A6." How can I
do this - get it to "skip" cells so to speak?

Any Help will be most appreciated and save me a considerable amount of time
in hard keying formulas in.
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi nicolarirob;

The simplest way to overcome the issue is to go to sheet A and copy the cell
you want to appear in sheet B. Then in Sheet B use the Paste Special / Past
Link choice to past link the cell instead of typing in the = formula. Then
you make each cell in sheet B arrange how ever you want.

I hope it helps,