-   -   Permanently enabling macros... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407645-permanently-enabling-macros.html)

George[_4_]

Permanently enabling macros...

I have created a couple macros in Excel 2000. Opening the spreadsheet
displays the pop up that "C:\blah\blah.xls" contains macros.

Is there a way to permanently enable this macro without decreasing
security for potentially harmful ones?

Thank you for any assistance,
GeoK

JP[_4_]

Permanently enabling macros...

Try signing your project using selfcert.exe.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q217221/ for more info.

HTH,
JP

On Mar 13, 1:11*pm, George wrote:
I have created a couple macros in Excel 2000. *Opening the spreadsheet
displays the pop up that "C:\blah\blah.xls" contains macros.

Is there a way to permanently enable this macro without decreasing
security for potentially harmful ones?

Thank you for any assistance,
* * * * GeoK

Jim Thomlinson

Permanently enabling macros...

Do a search on digitally signing your project...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"George" wrote:

I have created a couple macros in Excel 2000. Opening the spreadsheet
displays the pop up that "C:\blah\blah.xls" contains macros.

Is there a way to permanently enable this macro without decreasing
security for potentially harmful ones?

Thank you for any assistance,
GeoK

George[_4_]

Permanently enabling macros...

Thanks for the insight. A quick question about certificates. If for
some reason I would have to reinstall that OS, would I still have the
ability to access that file even if the certificate was backed-up remotely?

GeoK