Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default This is killing me

All I want to do is to make sure every time there is a change in the combobox
all cells are updated, but it doesn't so I tried forcing it byreplacing and
equal sign by an equal sign something like this:

Sub UpdateWkbk()

Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim dashsht As Worksheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set dashsht = Worksheets("Dashboard")
Set sht = Worksheets("Data")
sht.Select
alreadyupdate = True
For i = 1 To 10
sht.Range("J8:U40").Replace What:="=", Replacement:="=", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
alreadyupdate = True
Application.Volatile
Application.SendKeys ("%XR") ' This is to execute a refresh of a UDF because
is also not happening automatically.
Next i
dashsht.Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub
However, this triggers the Combobox

So I figure I work around it like this:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
If alreadyupdated Then
Exit Sub
Else
UpdateWkbk
End If
alreadyupdate = True

End Sub

Nothing is working
I have ensured that in my options, I have set my calculation to automatic
Calculation.

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Untested.

I would have thought that:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
application.calculate
'or depending on your version of excel
application.calculateFull
application.CalculateFullRebuild
End sub

Would have worked.

Michael wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just added both statements and still won't update, I have Excel 2003 SP3.
However, If I do it step by step it works, but then it defeats the purpose
of having a sub.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Untested.

I would have thought that:

Michael wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's a minor typo - if this is a direct copy / paste from your
module, it might be giving you problems:

Sub UpdateWkbk()

[SNIP]
alreadyupdate = True *****
For i = 1 To 10
sht.Range("J8:U40").Replace What:="=", Replacement:="=", LookAt:=xlPart, _
* * * * SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
* * * * ReplaceFormat:=False
* * * * alreadyupdate = True *****
* * * * Application.Volatile

[SNIP]