Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Including ActiveX Controls in Names Range Selection

I hope this is a quick. I'd like a named range selection to include ActiveX
controls within the range so I can copy the range elsewhere.

What I've found is if I reference the range as "B77:AM99" the ActiveX
controls are included in the selection. If, however, I create a named range
defined as "$B$77:$AM$99" then the ActiveX controls are not included in the
selection.

The Placement property of the controls is set to 2.

I'd prefer the named range approach if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Jack
<<
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I couldn't duplicate this in xl2003.

I had commandbuttons from the control toolbox in the middle of a named range and
the middle of an unnamed range.

This code didn't copy the commandbuttons:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("Test1").Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("a1")

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("f1:k10").Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("g1")

Jack wrote:

I hope this is a quick. I'd like a named range selection to include ActiveX
controls within the range so I can copy the range elsewhere.

What I've found is if I reference the range as "B77:AM99" the ActiveX
controls are included in the selection. If, however, I create a named range
defined as "$B$77:$AM$99" then the ActiveX controls are not included in the
selection.

The Placement property of the controls is set to 2.

I'd prefer the named range approach if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Jack
<<

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I got the same results as Dave.
However, if you use a control from the "Forms" toolbar the control is included
with the range if you keep the copied data/object off the clipboard.

This works...
Range("AreaTwo").Copy Range("G1")

This does not...
Range("AreaTwo").Copy
Range("G1").PasteSpecial
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jack"
wrote in message
I hope this is a quick. I'd like a named range selection to include ActiveX
controls within the range so I can copy the range elsewhere.

What I've found is if I reference the range as "B77:AM99" the ActiveX
controls are included in the selection. If, however, I create a named range
defined as "$B$77:$AM$99" then the ActiveX controls are not included in the
selection.

The Placement property of the controls is set to 2.
I'd prefer the named range approach if possible. Any suggestions?
Thanks!--
Jack
<<
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmm....This is very odd. You're right. I'm actually getting the same results
as you. I can copy and paste manually and the button copies with the
selection. If I record the same steps as a macro and execute the macro, the
button is not included.

I'm not sure why the different behavior. I'll have to find some other
workaround.

Thanks so much for your time!
--
Jack
<<

Jack wrote:

I hope this is a quick. I'd like a named range selection to include ActiveX
controls within the range so I can copy the range elsewhere.

What I've found is if I reference the range as "B77:AM99" the ActiveX
controls are included in the selection. If, however, I create a named range
defined as "$B$77:$AM$99" then the ActiveX controls are not included in the
selection.

The Placement property of the controls is set to 2.

I'd prefer the named range approach if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Jack
<<

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

As I played with it more, I'm finding irregular results, most in line with
what you and Dave reported. It works fine for me if I manually copy and paste
but fails on the playback of a macro recorded from a successful manual copy
and paste.

Alas, I've got to have more control over the button than the "forms" button
provides, so I'm stuck with the ActiveX version.

Thanks so much for your time!
--
Jack
<<

wrote in message
I hope this is a quick. I'd like a named range selection to include ActiveX
controls within the range so I can copy the range elsewhere.

What I've found is if I reference the range as "B77:AM99" the ActiveX
controls are included in the selection. If, however, I create a named range
defined as "$B$77:$AM$99" then the ActiveX controls are not included in the
selection.

The Placement property of the controls is set to 2.
I'd prefer the named range approach if possible. Any suggestions?
Thanks!--
Jack
<<

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a complete wild guess...

Close excel and clean up your windows temp folder. Lots of programs store junk
there (like excel) and if it gets large, it can confuse excel.

Close excel
Windows start button|Run
type:
%temp%