Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pick from list and automatically enter corresponding cell

I'm trying to create a simple product order form. I'm only using a single
workbook with 2 sheets w/o any external sources of data. I have my product
selections and their corresponding pricing in 2 adjacent columns in the
second sheet of my workbook. I have a dropdown menu (page 1 in this same
workbook) for selecting the
product choice, and I want the corresponding price in the cell adjacent to
that product to automatically populate on the order form. I've tried LOOKUP,
VLOOKUP, and MATCH formulae functions w/o success. It can't be that
complicated, can it?!

Your help and suggestions are much appreciated in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assume your two columns of data are products in A1:A50 and prices in B1:B50

In A1 you will enter a DV dropdown list with the products.

In B1 you have this formula

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$50,2,FALSE)

Pick a product from the A1 dropdown and the price will show in B1.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP