Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default converting date to a monday date

I need to take a date and convert it to a monday date.
I use the formula =today() in one cell (a1) and then in another cell(b1) I
need it to read the monday date ie: 3/3. so if today is 3/6/08 (in a1) the
it(b1) would read 3/3/08 .. when a1 is 3/11/08 then b1 would read 3/10/08
and so on. any help would be appreicated

--
cjm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

Col A Col B
Date =Date-Weekday(Date)+2

The WEEKDAY function calculates the day of the week of a given date where 1
= Sunday (as I have it now).

First, subtract the day of the week from the original date. Then, since
Monday is the second day, just add two to that date (the previous Saturday)
to get the Monday date. Try it!

HTH,
Matthew Pfluger