Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VB

I have a project to convert text data in an Excel spreadsheet (2003) and need
some help please. I have numerous character strings of variable length (10 to
70 chars) and need to find one character in the text and remove all text
before and including that character. So from Oil SealBearingSS$Oil Seal
fitting, I would need Oil Seal fitting. Any help is much appreciated as
always.

Nigel Forge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why VB? How about just using this formula...

=MID(A1, FIND("$", A1)+1, 256)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson