Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Clearing a Cell Value

I have done something like this before in vba, but when I try it now it is
not working. Here is what I want to do, if a value of cell c1 is < 0.01,
then I want the the value of cell d1 = "".

Here is what I used befo

If Cells(13, "E").Value = "" And Cells(13, "G").Value = "" Then
Range("P13:T13").Value = ""

I realize that the cells here where equal to null, but I thought if the I
used or < that I would get the same result.

Here is what I am trying to use now:
If Cells(28, "P").Value < 43 Then
Range("Q29:Q30").Value = ""

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You refer to the cell whose value you are testing to be less than 43
as <<Cells(28, "P")
Is the location reference meant to be in Row / Column format ie R1C1??
If so row 28, column E would be <<Cells(28,5)
If a range, then <<Range("E28")
Your <<Range("Q29:Q30") should be OK.
Hope this helps
donwb

"bumper338" wrote in message
I have done something like this before in vba, but when I try it now it is
not working. Here is what I want to do, if a value of cell c1 is < 0.01,
then I want the the value of cell d1 = "".

Here is what I used befo

If Cells(13, "E").Value = "" And Cells(13, "G").Value = "" Then
Range("P13:T13").Value = ""

I realize that the cells here where equal to null, but I thought if the I
used or < that I would get the same result.

Here is what I am trying to use now:
If Cells(28, "P").Value < 43 Then
Range("Q29:Q30").Value = ""

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can also use ClearContents
If Cells(13, "E").Value = "" And Cells(13, "G").Value = "" Then
Range("P13:T13").ClearContents
End If

What are you having a problem with? There does not appear to be a problem
with the code you posted.

"bumper338" wrote:

I have done something like this before in vba, but when I try it now it is
not working. Here is what I want to do, if a value of cell c1 is < 0.01,
then I want the the value of cell d1 = "".

Here is what I used befo

If Cells(13, "E").Value = "" And Cells(13, "G").Value = "" Then
Range("P13:T13").Value = ""

I realize that the cells here where equal to null, but I thought if the I
used or < that I would get the same result.

Here is what I am trying to use now:
If Cells(28, "P").Value < 43 Then
Range("Q29:Q30").Value = ""

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is the code that I am having problems with:

If Cells(28, "P").Value < 43 Then
Range("Q29:Q30").Value = ""

Apparently when I changed the Cells to be less than or greater than it does
not work. I have tried using the ClearContents and tried using a null value
and it does not clear the cell range that I have identified.

Am I not able to us greater than or less than?