Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extending a range

You will need a macro for this. You could try posting to the .programming
group and see if someone can help you there.

Regards,
Fred.

"Macca1984" wrote in message
The range is all in one cell; however there is no consistency between
cells
i.e one cell may have on number in and another may have 60. My intention
is
for excel to automatically expand the range for example i would like
50789 -
50792 to be changed to 50789; 50790; 50791; 50792. It is also worth noting
the ranges are broken, by this i mean some cells begin with a range then
have
individual numbers then go back into another range etc. It is important
that
only the values seperated as follows are extended.

(50789 - 50792)

I don not want excel to extend the range in the example below from 50789
through to 50895. Purely the range where the numbers are seperated by the
dash.

(50789 - 50792; 50890; 50892 - 50895)

Regards,

Ian

"Fred Smith" wrote:

How do you want Excel to expand the range?

Do you want the numbers in consecutive cells? If so, you can drag a
formula
like =a1+1 across the range. That would avoid a lot of typing.

If you want something more automatic, we need to know how your data is
stored? Is "58710; 58729 - 58780; 58789" in one cell? If so, you would
need
a macro to expand it.

Regards,
Fred.

"Macca1984" wrote in message
Hi

If I have input a range of data an example of which is ( 58710; 58729 -
58780; 58789) is it possible for excel to expand the range between
58729
through to 58780 without typing the entire range out by hand?

regards,

Ian