Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete hyperlink from textbox

I have a hyperlink in a textbox. How can I delete this hyperlink with vba code.

I have tried

Worksheets(1).Shapes("txtbox1").Hyperlinks.Delete

and similar code, but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thank you

rgds
Jarle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this a hyperlink assigned to the textbox or the value of the text in the
textbox?

I put a textbox from the Drawing toolbar on a worksheet and rightclicked on it
and assigned it a hyperlink.

Then this would delete the hyperlink:

Dim TBox As TextBox
Set TBox = ActiveSheet.TextBoxes("Text Box 1")
'in case there isn't a hyperlink
On Error Resume Next
TBox.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink.Delete
On Error GoTo 0

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't make your code work.

I have assigned the hyperlink with vba code as follows:

sh= Thisworkbook.Worksheets(1)
With sh
.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=.Shapes("txtbox1"), _
Address:=destination, _
TextToDisplay:="text"
End With

I am able to clear TextToDisplay with code:

sh.Shapes("txtbox1").TextFrame.Characters.Text = ""

but then the address/hyperlink is still there. It is probably possible to
clear the entire content of textbox (text and hyperlink) in one operation,
but I am not able to figure it out.

I am able to

Jarle wrote:

I have a hyperlink in a textbox. How can I delete this hyperlink with vba code.

I have tried

Worksheets(1).Shapes("txtbox1").Hyperlinks.Delete

and similar code, but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thank you

rgds
Jarle

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried:

Set TBox = sh.TextBoxes("txtbox1")
TBox.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink.Delete

I get :
Run-time error 1004 Application-defined or object-defined error

Dave Peterson skrev:

What did you try?

Jarle wrote:

I have a hyperlink in a textbox. How can I delete this hyperlink with vba code.

I have tried

Worksheets(1).Shapes("txtbox1").Hyperlinks.Delete

and similar code, but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thank you

rgds
Jarle

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On which line?

And you deleted the "on error" lines that would have stopped the error from
appearing if there was no hyperlink associated with the textbox.

Jarle wrote:

I tried:

Set TBox = sh.TextBoxes("txtbox1")
TBox.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink.Delete

I get :
Run-time error 1004 Application-defined or object-defined error

Dave Peterson skrev:

What did you try?

Jarle wrote:

I have a hyperlink in a textbox. How can I delete this hyperlink with vba code.

I have tried

Worksheets(1).Shapes("txtbox1").Hyperlinks.Delete

and similar code, but this doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thank you

rgds
Jarle

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for helping and "pushing" me on this one.
I made your code work perfectly. The OnError did the trick.
I have several textboxes and was convinced there were a hyperlink in each.
It wasn't!

THANKS!

Jarle wrote:

I tried:

Set TBox = sh.TextBoxes("txtbox1")
TBox.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink.Delete

I get :
Run-time error 1004 Application-defined or object-defined error

Dave Peterson skrev:

What did you try?