Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Provided Path - Compare 2 Books

Hi Folks,

I have two workbooks that I want to compare and report on differences. My
first workbook will always be the same file. The second workbook will always
be a different file name BUT will contain the exact columns each week.

I'm thinking about a button on my first workbook that prompts the user to
provide the path the the second workbook, then once that path is know, a
macro will look for differences between the "A" column in both workbooks and
report those differences in a specific sheet in workbook 1.

If a value appears in column A in both workbooks then do nothing BUT if a
value is in either workbook 1 OR 2 BUT not in both then copy that value plus
the value from column B form that row into the specific sheet in workbook 1.

I think I can figure out the macro on my own (I hope) but the user prompt
for the path is what I need help on. Please let me know if this is too vague.

TIA.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind... I found my answer...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

just watch the comsistency of the pstr variable.