Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing New Menu code

After interactively adding a menu item (tools/customize/commands/new menu) to
the excel toolbar is the code available to edit? I've created a layered menu
but I can't seem to find the resulting code.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
custom menu item and custom icons have macros assigned to them.
the code should be in the vb editor somewhere. Alt+F11.

regards
FSt1

"rnosk" wrote:

After interactively adding a menu item (tools/customize/commands/new menu) to
the excel toolbar is the code available to edit? I've created a layered menu
but I can't seem to find the resulting code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's what I thought but I'm not seeing the resulting code. I don't know if
its hidden or specifically not made available. I can certainly write VB to
produce the menu but I would get a jump start if this code was available.

"rnosk" wrote:

After interactively adding a menu item (tools/customize/commands/new menu) to
the excel toolbar is the code available to edit? I've created a layered menu
but I can't seem to find the resulting code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think it's better to do all the work in code.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

--

Dave Peterson