Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting a string array

I have been reading thru various post on the forum about sorting large arrays
and most of the post seem to be about integer arrays.

I have found some links and comments about string arrays, but none of them
are exactly what I'm looking for and I'm having some trouble re-writing the
code to get them to work.

Basically, I'm needing a routine that can sort a string array containing
approx 1.5 million elements. As I said, I have had a look around and a quick
sort seems to be the best method to use for this size of array.

I have the code for a quick sort written by Jim Rech in 1998, but this is
for a 2 dimensional array, where mine is just a single dimension.

If I can get the array sorted, then this is going to make processing of the
input file alot quicker.

Hopefully some one can help.

Many thanks in advance...
--